Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reflection: Week 15 & 16

Week 15 & 16

I totally enjoyed our junk in class challenges. I have not laughed that hard in class in a long time, also it was really appreciated that we got to have such a great guest speaker and the Subway.... Thank you Dr. V. it was fun to have to used the creative side of our brains in the classroom rather than thinking critically about heavy subjects like water privatization or FDA regualtion on foods etc. It was refreshing to see that school can so fun!:) Next, I have to say that I was completely shocked when the guest speaker revealed that she was 50 years old.... are you absolutely kidding me she looked and acted like she should hang out with our class! I was like "No way" the was she sat on the table haha it just cracked me up... makes ya think differently about getting older:) I really thought that the ideas she shared with our class, her creativeness, and willingness to try something new.... give her dream a chance was really inspirational! She was a fun lady and when I spoke with her after class she is just so full of life and really gave good advice! Moving on, I felt sad when we had our last day on class, it was interesting to see what different people took and didnt take away from the class but seeing that we have all grown together and most of us have gained a vauable appreciation for enviornmental health is very important to me. When you think about it... without health what do we have/ what would we be?... with out our environment .... what do we have..... and without protecting and learning to conserve, teach, and motivate others about the importance of enviornmental health we have nothing! I have enjoyed this class and I really want to say that in the begining I was soo unbelievable frusterate with bloggin, oh I said it but it is so true although, with the exception of to much commenting I have come to love blogging and recognize its many advantages. I leave this class with a new outlook on health and all that it encompasses, not just physical and mental wellbeing .... but so much more!:)

Thanks everyone for a great semester..... so sad to be done I love school:)






7 comments:

  1. Abbey! i really enjoyed this class as well..and the junking activity was a hoot! I have seriously taken junking into my hands now and have already come up with a few ideas for my new room next year! It was a pleasure being in your web group and I always enjoyed reading your posts. Hopefully I will be seeing you around this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey-
    I couldn't believe Sue was 50 either! She was like way cool than me. I hope you have a wonderful summer, and I hope to see you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make some wonderful points, Abbey. I have no doubt that you will make the world a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Sue was really sweet huh? lol. I really liked all the questions you brought up in this reflection, very thought provoking =) I do think we are nothing without our health, it really is the first priority in life! Well I hope you have a great summer Abbey! Hopefully i'll get to see you around when I visit Duluth =P Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post Abbey now i am really sad that i missed class...i really wish i could have been there to hear what she had to say! I am going to miss you Abbey we had a good run together we will have to get together sometime this summer and hang out before you leave the state!! I am sure going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abbey!! Good luck out east! Make us proud! --S

    ReplyDelete